We’ve seen incredible pitches over the second half of the season, and you’ve been voting all year for your favorite pitches. Now that the dust has settled, this week we will be hosting a tournament to crown the Nastiest Pitching GIF of the Second Half. We just completed Round 2 yesterday and here are the results:
– Lance McCullers’ Changeup (56.48%) defeated Jose Berrios’ Fastball + Curveball (43.52%) – Review
– Zach Britton’s Fastball (51.72%) defeated Jakob Junis’ Slider (48.28%) – Review
– Aaron Nola’s Changeup (55.68%) defeated Chaz Roe’s Slider (44.32%) – Review
– Blake Treinen’s Slider (60.37%) defeated Justin Verlander’s Curveball (39.63%) – Review
As we enter Round 3, here’s a quick reminder of the rules:
- All GIFs were pulled from the eleven GIF of the Week competitions in the second half and a pair from the postseason.
Every winner was granted an automatic bid, with the extra slots being hand selected among other finalists.
There were two instances of the same type of pitch from the same pitcher being in contention for a spot (Blake Treinen’s Fastball and Aaron Nola’s Fastball) and we held two polls on Twitter to narrow it down to one of each.
Votes will last until 8:00am EST the following morning, with the next round starting at 10:00am every morning and final round beginning on Saturday morning. The winner will be revealed Monday morning next week.
Take a look at the contest’s beautifully hand-drawn bracket:
Click the link below to start voting!
Note: If the GIFs aren’t loading, refresh the page once or twice.