Dugout Study Hall – Expert layman Matt Goodwin (@TheCorkedMatt) and fake baseball economist Alexander Chase (@chase_rate) celebrate our 50th pod-a-versary with none other than Pitcher List founder, creator, and all-around great dude, Nick Pollack (@PitcherList)! We talk about the DSH origin story, some hitting, the power of pitching stats, pitchers on the move and so much more!
Help us out with a FIVE STAR RATING and a REVIEW wherever you listen and ENJOY!
Subscribe: Apple | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Amazon | TuneIn | Radio.com | Deezer
Join PL+ and support the podcast, get an Ad-Free Website, and access to our Discord community!
- DSH origin story (02:09)
- How Nick preps for drafting hitters (05:15)
- Numbers of the Week: Nick’s favorite pitching stats (12:31)
- Which pitching stats are more noise than help? (17:30)
- The new PL player pages being awesome (22:31)
- Case Study: Freddy Peralta (28:23)
- Pitchers on the move + institutional approach (35:44)
- Home/Road splits are dumb (42:38)
- Player projects, confidence intervals, range of outcomes, and predicting “if” (56:08)
- Pass/Fail: Chris Sale and drafting injured pitchers (1:04:05)
Note: Episode recorded on 3/16/22