Pitcher List is a constantly evolving company with a large vision for 2023 and beyond. We hope you’re the right person to join us as we continue our goal to create the best baseball experience on the internet.
We have many positions on staff ranging from graphic design to WordPress Development to baseball writing. All open positions are listed below.
Experience is not a requirement in writing positions. Your samples are more important than your resume as they better display your abilities.
Applications are now open on a rolling basis. We will respond to applications as they roll in as quickly as we are able to.
Updated: November 15th, 2022.
How To Apply
Inside the form you will be asked to submit:
- Your resume with relevant experience.
- Samples of your work (your written articles or otherwise relevant examples).
- A cover letter with any additional information you’d like to share (optional).
- A new written sample from one of the topics listed (only if you’re applying as a writer or an editor).
We hope to respond to all applications within two weeks of submission, please don’t hesitate to follow up with us at email@example.com if you have not heard back after that time frame. Thanks!
Things We Do As A Staff
With a staff full of people enthusiastic about baseball, we have a rare opportunity to do a lot of fun things as a community. Here are some of the things to expect as a member of the Pitcher List staff:
- Staff mock drafts during the winter and pre-season
- Hangouts and Voice Chats inside our Discord
- Bold Predictions / Season awards / Staff Consensus rankings in the pre-season
- Work together to exchange ideas, give feedback, and improve Pitcher List as whole
- Arrange meetups across various cities
- Help each other improve inside the industry
- Relegation fantasy leagues where the top and bottom move up/down each year (Trophies are included!)
- Freedom to contribute outside of your single position. Examples:
- Writing a Going Deep piece as a Data Scientist
- Contributing to our newsletter and taking an editing shift
We’re looking for much more than just writers here at the site. Don’t hesitate to send us an email (Info@pitcherlist.com) if there’s an area of expertise not listed here or with any questions that you have.
Every position is paid, part-time, and fully remote.
- Maintain the batch processes to load pitch data into our data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Administrate the data warehouse. Including DDL changes based on data feed changes, provisioning users, creating indexes and views for usage by the site.
- Ongoing development of the APIs that drive the leaderboard and player pages throughout the site.
- Performance is key. We’re working to cut as much latency as possible both in the Ddatabase side and the application side of the API.
- Working with the data science team to allow for the implementation of models in such a way that it is available to the site.
- Ad hoc requests by the analysts at Pitcher List for data scraping and organization.
Technologies in Use:
- Python / Flask
- Apache Airflow
- GitLab – including CI/CD using GitLab runners
- Potential Technologies:
- AWS – especially if you have experience with RDS, Cassandra / Redshift, EC2, or ECS
- Columnar Databases
- Infrastructure as Code tooling like Terraform (Cloudstack, Pulumi) and Configuration Management tooling like Ansible (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Go – as a possible replacement for the Flask API
Fantasy Baseball Writer
- Our articles do more than just cite a few stats and call it day. We’re looking for writers who not only are able to display the true value of the numbers, but do so in a way that sounds like a story instead of a textbook of stats. We have a few different sections for fantasy-baseball-focused writers to contribute in, including:
- Core Fantasy – covering fantasy baseball at large
- Going Deep – deep dives into players or metrics, utilizing deeper analysis to really tell the story of that player or metric
- Dynasty – more on this below
- The expectation for this position is to publish one article per week during the season, with the freedom to write more.
- We’re looking to continue expanding our focus on dynasty fantasy content, including prospect assessments, keeper-focused strategies, and dynasty-specific rankings.
- In addition to the sample from inside the Google Form, please submit your ranking of the Top 30 prospects from the organization of your choice – just the rank and prepared to outline your thought process during an interview.
I’m looking forward to meeting you and we hope you’re a great fit!