Pitcher List is a constantly evolving company with a large vision for 2021 and beyond. We hope you’re the right person to join us as we continue our goal to create the best baseball experience on the internet.
We have many positions on staff ranging from graphic design to database management and baseball writing, though our opportunities fluctuate through the year, with the largest hiring period usually around October/November. All open positions are listed below.
Experience is not a requirement in writing positions. Your samples are more important as they better display your ability than your resume.
How To Apply
To apply for a position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Your resume with relevant experience
- A cover letter outlining what positions you’re interested in and why you would be a perfect fit for Pitcher List
- Samples of your work (your written articles or otherwise relevant examples)
Send us an email and we will follow up with you shortly.
Things We Do As A Staff
With a staff full of people enthusiastic about baseball, we have a rare opportunity to do a lot of fun things as a community. Here are some of the things to expect as a member of the Pitcher List staff:
- Staff mock drafts during the winter and pre-season
- Relegation fantasy leagues where the top and bottom move up/down each year
- Trophy for every fantasy league winner (the PLATYPUS)
- Hangouts and Voice Chats inside our Discord
- Bold Predictions / Season awards / Staff Consensus rankings in the pre-season
- Freedom to contribute outside of your single position. Examples:
- Writing a Going Deep piece as a Data Analyst
- Contributing for our newsletter and take an editing shift
- Work together to exchange ideas, give feedback, and improve Pitcher List as whole
- Help each other improve inside the industry
- During non-COVID times, hold a regular meetup the first weekend in April in Brooklyn, NY
We’re looking for much more than just writers here at the site. Don’t hesitate to send us an email if there’s an area of expertise not listed here!
Every position is part-time and paid unless otherwise noted.
- Work with the team to expand our current projects and link teams together
- Manage business operations to keep our goals aligned and hitting milestones
- Discover potential areas of growth and take action
- Company data analysis to identify future investments
- Multiple years in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative to constantly improve and bring ideas to the team
- Deep understanding of Pitcher List and its place inside the market
- Unapologetic enthusiasm for baseball
- Potential full-time position
I’m looking forward to meeting you and we hope you’re a great fit!