Tuesday has arrived and with it comes updated setup men rankings. This is a great day for hold leagues, and therefore the world. These rankings mostly reflect rest of season value, and are based on about 50% general ratio and strikeout potential, 50% pure hold totals. Holds are pretty volatile so in most cases your best bet is to focus on ratios, take advantage of the RP + P slots by rolling out a hefty number of setup men, and let the holds naturally trickle in. Managers should always make decisions and alter this list based on their specific league setup.
Share your questions and critiques in the comments. Follow me on twitter @HisDudenessOfNY for the rare tweet regarding secondary players most people don’t care about and the occasional timely injury news snippet.
1. Tony Watson (Pittsburgh Pirates)
2. Dellin Betances (New York Yankees)
3. Pedro Strop (Chicago Cubs)
4. Andrew Miller (New York Yankees)
5. Kelvin Herrera (Kansas City Royals)
6. Nate Jones (Chicago White Sox)
7. Sam Dyson (Texas Rangers)
8. Justin Wilson (Detroit Tigers)