We've seen incredible pitches over the second half of the season, and you've been voting all year for your favorite pitches. Now that the dust has settled, this week we will be hosting a tournament to crown the Nastiest Pitching GIF of the Second Half. We just completed Round 1 yesterday and here are the results:
- Aroldis Chapman's 103mph Fastball (87.8%) defeated Aroldis Chapman's 104mph Fastball (12.2%) - Review
- Andrew Miller's Slider (65.8%) defeated Corey Kluber's Curveball (34.2%) - Review
- Sergio Romo's Slider (67.1%) defeated Chaz Roe's Slider (32.9%) - Review
- Steven Wright's Knuckleball (75.7%) defeated Jose Fernandez's Changeup (24.3%) - Review
- Aaron Sanchez's NYY Fastball (78.7%) defeated Aaron Sanchez's BOS Fastball (21.3%) - Review
- Yu Darvish's Slider (80.3%) defeated Wade Davis' Cutter (19.7%) - Review
- Rich Hill's Curveball (69.2%) defeated Kenta Maeda's Slider (30.8%) - Review
- Masahiro Tanaka's Fastball (75.3%) defeated Jeurys Familia's Fastball (24.7%) - Review
As we enter Round 2, here's a quick reminder of the rules:
- All GIFs were pulled from the twelve GIF of the Week competitions during the second half of the season and the postseason.
- Every winner was granted an automatic bid.
- The remaining pitches were editorial choices that we felt deserved a spot in the tournament.
- Votes will last until 8:00am EST the following morning, with the next round starting at 10:00am every morning and final round beginning on Friday morning. The winner will be revealed Monday morning next week.
Take a look at the contest's beautifully hand-drawn bracket updated for Round 2:
Click the link below to start voting!