We’ve seen incredible pitches over the second half of the season, and you’ve been voting all year for your favorite pitches. Now that the dust has settled, this week we will be hosting a tournament to crown the Nastiest Pitching GIF of the First Half. We just completed Round 2 yesterday and here are the results:
– Chris Sale‘s Slider (52.9%) defeated Steven Wright‘s Knuckleball (48.1%) – Review
– Josh Osich’s Fastball (56.1%) defeated Noe Ramirez’s Curveball (43.9%) – Review
– Drew Storen’s Slider (64.5%) defeated Noah Syndergaard‘s Fastball (35.5%) – Review
– Aaron Sanchez‘s Fastball (60.1%) defeated Clayton Kershaw‘s Curveball (39.9%) – Review
As we enter Round 3, here’s a quick reminder of the rules:
– All GIFs were pulled from the fourteen GIF of the Week competitions we’ve had so far this season.
– Every winner was granted an automatic bid, with the extra slots being hand selected among other finalists.
– There was one instance of the same type of pitch from the same pitcher winning twice (Aaron Sanchez‘s Fastball). We chose our favorite and hand selected a worthy pitch from a different pitcher to replace the other.
– Votes will last until 8:00am EST the following morning, with the next round starting at 10:00am every morning and final round beginning on Friday morning. The winner will be revealed Monday morning next week.
Take a look at the contest’s beautifully hand-drawn bracket updated for Round 3:
Click the link below to start voting!