The Nastiest 16 Pitches GIFs of the First Half of 2019
Luis Castillo’s Two-Seamer vs. Yonny Chirinos’ Two-Seamer
In our other 1 vs. 8 matchup we’ve got two fastballs, both delivered with a two-seam grip. Both of these pitches are beautiful in their own right. Yonny Chirinos, who became a household name among baseball fans after the Rays adopted the Opener strategy last year, uses a two-seamer that drags from the outside corner and lands dead center to freeze the opposing hitter. In my opinion, the edge goes to Luis Castillo, whose pitch starts heading right towards Eric Hosmer’s gut, but somehow swerves onto the paint.
Which was the better pitch? Vote to decide which pitch advances to the next round!
- Nastiest GIFs of The First Half of 2019
- Chaz Roe's Slider vs. Jordan Hicks' Slider
- Jordan Hicks' Fastball vs. Jose Alvarado's Two-Seamer
- Adam Ottavino's Two-Seamer vs. Aaron Nola's Two-Seamer
- Kyle Hendricks' Changeup vs. Kyle Crick's Slider
- Luis Castillo's Two-Seamer vs. Yonny Chirinos' Two-Seamer
- Yu Darvish's Slider vs. Luis Castillo's Changeup
- Chris Sale's Slider vs. Clayton Kershaw's Curveball
- Framber Valdez's Sinker vs. Justin Verlander's Fastball