[pitcher_list list_id=”23382″ season=”2018″ include_stats=”1″]
Welcome to The List – The weekly top 100 rankings of starting pitchers in fantasy baseball for the rest of the season. Use this list to help make choices on the waiver wire and as a tool to gauge trade value in your fantasy leagues. These rankings are made with 5×5 H2H standard 12-team leagues in mind.
Note: I apologize for the late edition, we’ll be back to the regular Monday update next week.
Let’s talk about how the SP landscape has changed since last week:
- With the strikeout rates of Chris Sale dwarfing that of Corey Kluber, it was time to swap the two at the top.
- Not too many changes this week, with expected drops from Nick Pivetta, J.A. Happ, and Tyson Ross. Ross has been far from the same strikeout threat he used to, while Happ and Pivetta should both rebound but have lowered their stock a little at the moment.
- The whiffs have returned in a big way for Andrew Heaney in two straight starts, making me want to invest heavier in the southpaw.
- Walker Buehler is set to rejoin the Dodgers rotation, granting him a solid boost in the ranks.
- It’s been a pleasant surprise to see Nathan Eovaldi take advantage of an easier schedule, easily granting him Top 60 status.
- Joining The List this week are Andrew Suarez (four straight 1 ER games), Jordan Zimmermann (reducing fastballs, huge bump in curveball usage), Jake Odorizzi (2 ER in three games with 21 Ks), Anibal Sanchez (his cutter has been stellar), Mike Fiers (surprisingly decent against weak teams) and Danny Duffy (recently effective).
- Getting the ax are Sonny Gray (Far from gaining our trust), Jonathan Loaisiga (demoted to minors), Seth Lugo (relegated to bullpen), Sandy Alcantara (DL), Max Fried (left start with a blister), and Jake Junis (DL).
Put my faith in your love of Kingham traded Manaea($7)/Hughes($3) for Knebe($6)l/Kingham($3) in my dynasty. Haven’t been the biggest believer so far but saw my league’s lack luster valuation of Kingham and I had to buy. Been a Manaea lifer drafted him in A ball when he was in the Royals system. Gas me up a bit on Kinghams upside in a Dynasty format.
Tyler Mahle is the Rodney Dangerfield of Pitcherlist.com.
A lot of guys are just OK and don’t get a lot of love. Fiers and Duffy for example. Have you seen a domain where Mahle gets much respect?
Surprised Velasquez not in the top 100… I have him rated relatively close to Pivetta, so really looks strange to see Pivetta at 37 (too high) and Velasquez not there at all.
VV is on the dl and outside the top 50….therefor I do not believe he makes the list. I do enjoy some VV K’s though.
Gotta wonder why Darvish is there then…
Your right husky….and walker beuhler for that matter.
If you haven’t already seen/noticed, Marco Gonzalez has completely dropped his 4 seam in favour of a cutter; wCU/C in very good company and may be the cause of his recent jump in swstr%. Interesting to monitor, if nothing else. Cheers
Great info! Thanks for sharing!!
Interested in why you’re so high in Bundy. His predictive statistics aren’t great (specifically fip and xfip) and he’s on a bad team so he won’t get many wins. I own him and am close to dropping him, so I wanna know why I shouldn’t.