[pitcher_list list_id=”22464″ season=”2018″ include_stats=”1″]
Welcome to The List – The weekly top 100 rankings of starting pitchers in fantasy baseball for the rest of the season. Use this list to help make choices on the waiver wire and as a tool to gauge trade value in your fantasy leagues. These rankings are made with 5×5 H2H standard 12-team leagues in mind.
Let’s talk about how the SP landscape has changed since last week:
- This might be the least moving of any week, not a whole lot has happened to make me make sweeping changes.
- Trevor Bauer and Clayton Kershaw displace the Top 15 a bit, with Kershaw moving up given his reinstatement from the DL and Bauer well-deserving of the bump. The recent trend of Gerrit Cole after his 8-game out-of-his-mind stretch makes me settle for Bauer right above of him.
- I should have had Rich Hill around #70 on The List and officially returns around #59 as he showed off his upside right off the bat. Yes, a stumble yesterday reminds us of the headaches, but we should feel good rolling with him moving forward.
- I went back-and-forth about Shane Bieber’s spot, though in the case that the Indians elect to keep him in the rotation indefinitely, he’s hinting at a Top 50 spot. I also think I underappreciated his slider last week and given that he has a money pitch with his excellent control, he should be owned everywhere. The chance that he sticks is well worth it – if you wait, you won’t get him.
- Mike Minor has featured increased velocity recently and deserved a spot back on The List. Maybe this turns into something, maybe not. At the very least, start him against the Padres on Wednesday.
- Freddy Peralta is back in the Brewers rotation and may have a larger stay this time around.
- Both Marcus Stroman and Joey Lucchesi are back from injury and it’s time to take chances on them given the right matchups.
- It’s a tough schedule ahead for Jaime Barria, forcing a sizeable drop despite a solid outing against the Jays over the weekend.
- Wade LeBlanc is as Vargas Rule as it gets, though he could be a decent streamer ROS.
- Others joining The List this week are Dereck Rodriguez and Mike Montgomery, who have each proven that they are solid streaming options.
- Near misses include Matt Boyd (slowed down production), Nick Kingham & Fernando Romero (Triple-A), Brandon McCarthy (volatile arm), Zach Eflin (just a streaming option), and Dylan Covey (Nine walks in two starts).