[pitcher_list list_id=”19750″ season=”2018″ include_stats=”1″]
Welcome to The List – The weekly top 100 rankings of starting pitchers in fantasy baseball for the rest of the season. Use this list to help make choices on the waiver wire and as a tool to gauge trade value in your fantasy leagues. These rankings are made with 5×5 H2H standard 12-team leagues in mind.
Let’s talk about how the SP landscape has changed since last week:
- A pretty clean week in the Top 25 as the major moves were Patrick Corbin dropping a few starts given the velocity scare and Zack Godley taking a small dip as a result of his slow production out of the game. Godley is a prime buy-low in my opinion, though I felt the need to adjust his rank based on what he should cost you.
- Do I believe in Michael Fulmer? Yes I do. Did I feel compelled to acknowledge that guys like Miles Mikolas, Alex Wood, Rick Porcello, and Mike Clevinger deserve more love than him? Sure did.
- Jose Quintana and Chris Archer take expected dives as they have been far from the consistent arms you signed up for as your Sp #2. Meanwhile, Dylan Bundy has put us through the gauntlet and JA Happ is taking a small step back from his hot start, deserving a bit of a drop.
- There are plenty of Spice Girls in play these days, with Fernando Romero and Freddy Peralta both impressing, and Nick Kingham and Jack Flaherty are returning this week, calling for major bumps across the board. These ranks are incredibly fluid and while I am very slightly leaning this way right now, they all bring their positives and negatives to the table that it turns into one large spin of the wheel.
- Is this the repeat of 2016 for Tanner Roark? His induced soft and hard contact is pointing to a sturdy season as a “slightly better Toby”, making him a better play than some Spice Girls for those that need stability over upside.
- Domingo German had a large misstep over the weekend against the A’s and while his -11 mark looks massive, consider the huge field of upside plays, it’s hard to keep him above the others at this present moment. Seriously, this is super fluid right now.
- Jeff Samardzija takes a big hit as he’s struggling to shake off his rust. I can see him rising as we move forward through the season, though we have to temper our pre-season expectations that had baked in expectancy for improvement from last season. Right now, we’re hoping to just get back to that level.
- We’re getting close to the call-up of Alex Reyes as he hints around the area to consider stashes over roster spots. Who knows how exactly that will play out in St. Louis, but he’s one of the better stashes around.
- Sonny Gray is still struggling to find his groove on the hill, Jacob Faria is as shaky as ever, Rich Hill is kinda injured, kinda just a massive headache once again, and I’m concerned that Mike Minor won’t be prepared after his Judgement Day tomorrow.
- Others joining The List this week are Alex Cobb (Improved Splitter!), Zach Eflin (two ticks extra velocity!), and Dan Straily (Possible Toby).
- Leaving The List are Marco Estrada, Danny Duffy, Chris Stratton, Andrew Suarez, and Ivan Nova. They could be back in a hurry, but someone had to get the boot.
- Marcus Stroman hit the DL and was moved to the designated “DL stashes” at the end of The List. Easily a tier below Robbie Ray and Johnny Cueto in value.