Dugout Study Hall – Expert layman Matt Goodwin (@TheCorkedMatt) and fake baseball economist Alexander Chase (@chase_rate) follow up on last episode’s discussion of pitch location metrics, play a guessing game with wRC+ and MaxEV, and discuss more dead-ball impact on the normalization of certain metrics. Help us out with a FIVE STAR RATING and a REVIEW wherever you listen and ENJOY!
Go to birddogs.com and use promo code PITCHERLIST for a free Birddogs hat with your pair of Birddogs.
Subscribe: Apple | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Amazon | TuneIn | Radio.com | Deezer
Join PL+ and support the podcast, get an Ad-Free Website, and access to our Discord community!
- Off the Books: Follow up on pitch location metrics (01:09)
- Analytics: trying to win using math (09:33)
- Does the dead ball make pitch location more or less important? (11:49)
- Numbers of the Week: wRC+ and MaxEV leaders game (18:06)
- Dead ball impact on parks (25:04)
- Would it dong? (25:58)
- Misshapen balls (34:31)
- When can we trust certain metrics with the different balls? (37:39)
- Is Josh Naylor for real? (47:42)
- Talking about players (51:56)
- Andrew Vaughn, Joc Pederson, Gleyber Torres, Lourdes Gurriel Jr., Alec Bohm, Christian Yelich
- Joey Gallo, Josh Donaldson, Joey Votto, Luke Voit, Akil Baddoo, Dylan Carlson, Ozzie Albies, Jose Altuve, Trent Grisham, Trevor Story
Note: Episode recorded on 05/11/22