As Pitcher List continues to grow, we will update this page with available positions we’re looking to fill.
To apply for a position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Your resume with relevant experience
- A cover letter outlining why you would be a perfect fit for Pitcher List
- Samples of your work (your written articles or otherwise relevant examples)
Send us an email and we will follow up with you shortly. Thanks for your interest in Pitcher List and we hope you are a great fit for our team!
Part-Time Database Engineer
- Maintain the batch processes to load pitch data into our data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Administrate the data warehouse. Including DDL changes based on data feed changes, provisioning users, creating indexes and views for usage by the site.
- Ongoing development of the API’s that drives the leaderboard and player pages throughout the site.
- Performance is key. We’re working to cut as much latency as possible both in the database side and the application side of the API.
- Working with the data science team to allow for the implementation of models in such a way that it is available to the site.
- Ad hoc requests by the analysts at Pitcher List for data scraping and organization.
- Technologies in Use:
- Python / Flask
- Apache Airflow
- GitLab – including CI/CD using GitLab runners
- Potential Technologies:
- AWS – especially if you have experience with RDS, Cassandra / Redshift, EC2, or ECS
- Columnar Databases
- Infrastructure as Code tooling like Terraform (Cloudstack, Pulumi) and Configuration Management tooling like Ansible (Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Go – as a possible replacement for the Flask API
We’re looking for someone to join the Pitcher List team for the long haul, helping us create our vision for the website in 2021 and beyond. You’ll be working with our developers to create a smooth flow of data to the site as we continue expanding what we serve at Pitcher List.