As we look ahead to 2021, we have many things we want to accomplish here at Pitcher List for 6.0 and beyond.
We have many positions open in different areas, from graphic design to database management and baseball writing. All open positions are listed below.
Experience is not a requirement in most positions. Your samples are more important as they better display your ability than your resume.
How To Apply
To apply for a position, please submit the following to [email protected]:
- Your resume with relevant experience
- A cover letter outlining what positions you’re interested in and why you would be a perfect fit for Pitcher List
- Samples of your work (your written articles or otherwise relevant examples)
Send us an email and we will follow up with you shortly.
Things We Do As A Staff
With a staff full of people enthusiastic about baseball, we have a rare opportunity to do a lot of fun things as a community. Here are some of the things to expect as a member of the Pitcher List staff:
- Staff mock drafts during the winter and pre-season
- Relegation fantasy leagues where the top and bottom move up/down each year
- Trophy for every fantasy league winner (the PLATYPUS)
- Hangouts and Voice Chats inside our Discord
- Bold Predictions / Season awards / Staff Consensus rankings in the pre-season
- Freedom to contribute outside of your single position. Examples:
- Writing a Going Deep piece as a Data Analyst
- Contributing for our newsletter and take an editing shift
- Work together to exchange ideas, give feedback, and improve Pitcher List as whole
- Help each other improve inside the industry
- During non-COVID times, hold a regular meetup the first weekend in April in Brooklyn, NY
We’re looking for much more than just writers here at the site. Don’t hesitate to send us an email if there’s an area of expertise not listed here!
Every position is part-time and paid.
- We’re doing some fun things behind the scenes and if you’re experienced with working with databases, we want to meet you.
- Here is a full outline of the responsibilities and technology used. You don’t have to be an expert in all of this!
Fantasy Baseball Columnist
- Our articles do more than just cite a few stats and call it day. We’re looking for writers who not only are able to display the true value of the numbers, but do so in a way that sounds like a story instead of a textbook of stats.
- Expectation is one regular fantasy column a week during the season with the freedom to write more.
- From our Across The Seams to our We Love Baseball sections, we’re looking for a writer to help outline the little elements of the game that doesn’t come in fantasy. Possible articles would be:
- Expectation is one regular column a week during the season with the freedom to write more.
- We have plans to expand our DFS section for 2021 in a major way and we’re looking for someone who could be that face of our major DFS section.
- Expectations would be active inside our Discord and on Twitter
- Help us craft the perfect DFS section on the Pitcher List site
- We have a great Dynasty team and want to expand our coverage
- Would help with our rankings and player assessment
- If interested, please include, along with the standard samples, a ranking of the Top 30 prospects of the organization of your choice – just the rank and prepared to outline your thought process during an interview
- We have a team double-checking our articles before they are published on the site
- Would have at least one shift per week and work with the team to ensure consistency and polish across the Pitcher List site.
- We have plenty of data at our fingertips and you would be working with our writing team to use that data for articles and stat creation
- Freedom to use our data to create interesting and new perspectives of players
- Work with the team to create models and innovate inside the industry
- Expectation is to work on a few projects with staff writers per month
- Help us create graphics for not just articles on the site, but charts showcasing data, event images, T-Shirt designs, and site banners.
- Expectation is roughly 15 graphics per month, but more of a case-by-case situation.
I’m looking forward to meeting you and we hope you’re a great fit!