Special guests Chelsea Ladd (@chelseabrooke) and Annie O’Donnell (@sweetannieod) join Jonathan Metzelaar and Dave Cherman to recap the 2020 MLB season negotiations and discuss some of the possible future implications of the proposed changes.
Subscribe: iTunes | Android | Stitcher | Google Play | RSS | Download Mp3
Like what we do? Support the site on Patreon!
- 1:20 Introducing Chelsea Ladd and Annie O’Donnell
- 4:15 Recap of negotiations so far
- 6:25 Are owners negotiating in good faith?
- 12:30 Is the universal DH here to stay? Is that a good thing?
- 17:30 Impact of larger rosters on minor league promotions
- 19:50 Does a larger playoff pool hurt the competitiveness of the regular season?
- 24:00 Thoughts on potentially adding advertisements to player jerseys
- 28:00 Who needs to budge on the 2020 season negotiations?
- 30:20 Are the owners really losing money to the degree they claim?
- 35:00 TV revenue for MLB teams
- 39:00 Is a shortened season valid from the perspective of championships and awards?
- 44:30 If players opt out of the 2020 season, does that impact how we view the legitimacy of the season?
- 47:40 Confidence that MLB can implement a safe season from the health standpoint
- 50:00 Impact of these negotiations on 2022 CBA
On the Barrel logo designed by Michael Packard