Dugout Study Hall – Expert layman Matt Goodwin (@TheCorkedMatt) and fake baseball economist Alexander Chase (@chase_rate) make an appearance at PitchCon! The main idea is Alexander’s re-imagining of CSW and all the ways we can use it in more meaningful ways. Help us out with a FIVE STAR RATING and a nice REVIEW and ENJOY!
Subscribe: Apple | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Amazon | TuneIn | Radio.com | Deezer
Join PL+ and support the podcast, get an Ad-Free Website, and access to our Discord community!
- Number of the week: Kevin Gausman’s Slider? (03:53)
- Are called strikes a skill? (08:35)
- The arguments for most-used stats (16:05)
- Gausman’s slider explained and 0-0 counts (21:06)
- Setting the standard for each count (26:53)
- How pitching-to-contact breaks CSW% (30:24)
- The fix: CSW/PA (35:40)
- Testing CSW/PA and unexpected results (42:45)
- Who benefits most? (46:24)
- A special guest appears (53:35)
Note: Episode recorded on 1/28/22