Dugout Study Hall – Expert layman Matt Goodwin (@TheCorkedMatt) and fake baseball economist Alexander Chase (@chase_rate) talk about some random baseball things on our minds, current FIP leaders and why that’s fun but doesn’t matter, and how to use (or not use) Fangraphs dollar-value calculators in-season. Help us out with a FIVE STAR RATING and a REVIEW wherever you listen and ENJOY!
Go to birddogs.com and use promo code PITCHERLIST for a free Birddogs hat with your pair of Birddogs.
Subscribe: Apple | Spotify | Google | Stitcher | Amazon | TuneIn | Radio.com | Deezer
Join PL+ and support the podcast, get an Ad-Free Website, and access to our Discord community!
- Our random baseball thoughts (02:38)
- Numbers of the Week: FIP Leaders (12:12)
- Fangraphs dollar-value calculators / projections (24:25)
- Carlos Correa
- Byron Buxton
- How can we be smart about using dollar values given discrepancies? (28:18)
- Are THE BAT X ROS broken because expected stats are broken? (31:22)
- What’s under the hood to help us know which projections make sense? (36:42)
- Case Study: Christian Yelich (38:02)
- Case Study: Alec Bohm (42:14)
- Off the Books: Aaron Judge hates Camden Yards’ new fence (53:46)
Note: Episode recorded on 05/18/22