Hi my name is Matt, I’m addicted to saves. This week features mostly minor tweaks and I will start to track stock movement next week. Don’t want to overlap too much with the Tuesday holds piece but you can easily cross reference that + the speculative tier to determine next in line heaven forbid injury strikes.
10. Cody Allen (Cleveland Indians)
11. Hector Rondon (Chicago Cubs)
13. A.J. Ramos (Miami Marlins)
17. Francisco Rodriguez (Detroit Tigers)
18. Arodys Vizcaino (Atlanta Braves)
25. Alex Colome (Tampa Bay Rays)
29. Jeanmar Gomez (Philadelphia Phillies)
TIER 7A – Speculative
TIER 7B – Semi speculative, potential save opps when closer is coming off back-to-back appearances
42. Felipe Rivero (Washington Nationals)
45. Darren O’Day (Baltimore Orioles)
– Some shifting and tweaking but the main story is Glen Perkins to the DL with a left posterior shoulder strain. I was calling for a physical breakdown and it came a bit earlier than expected. Velocity concerns in Spring, some control issues so far, uh oh. The severity is still unknown but Perkins owners should be worried. Kelvin Jepsen has had a shaky start to the season but we’re talking about a small sample size. He’s the guy, Trevor May is next in line.
– Andrew Miller looks solid and will close games until Aroldis Chapman comes back. Don’t overvalue Miller. He has tier 1 stuff but Aroldis will return soon enough and Miller won’t retain much value outside of hold leagues and daily rotos.
– Jeanmar Gomez has piled up 4 saves fast. Maybe he craps out but until then ride that pony.
– Luke Gregerson has established himself as the guy in Houston while Ken Giles is imploding and getting hurt by the long ball. My money is on Giles settling down but as long as Gregerson gets it done he should maintain the roll and save Houston some money with future arbitration talks involving Giles.