Welcome back to Relievers to Stream for Wins and Saves! This will bring you up-to-date bullpen depth charts every morning for the day’s games and makes for an excellent tool for those of you looking to stream saves or wins. This series runs seven days a week, so be sure to check in every morning to get your daily bullpen fix!
- Thursday saw 14 teams with the day off: BOS, TB, DET, HOU, LAA, SEA, TEX, CHC, CIN, MIL, PIT, ARI, SD, and SF, giving their bullpens a bit of rest heading into the weekend.
- Los Angeles Dodgers activated Tony Gonsolin from the 10-day injured list and recalled Andre Jackson from AAA Oklahoma City. To make room, the Dodgers designated Neftali Feliz for assignment and optioned Mitch White to AAA Oklahoma City.
- Kansas City Royals activated Greg Holland from the 10-day injured list.
- Carlos Estévez picked up his sixth save of the season, despite giving up a run off two hits during his ninth-inning outing Thursday. Though Estévez seems to be the closer of choice in Colorado right now, he’s combined to throw 45 pitches in his back-to-back appearances and should be a safe sit Friday. A well-rested Daniel Bard could see a return to the ninth inning Friday if an opportunity presents itself for the Rockies, though expect Jhoulys Chacín to get a look as well.
- Atlanta’s Will Smith recorded his fifth blown save of the season, giving up a run in the ninth inning off a walk and a hit while striking out two on Thursday. Set up man Richard Rodriguez also gave up a run in the previous inning. Atlanta would go on to win the game off of a Joc Pederson walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th, providing Jacob Webb with the win. There’s not much to read into this and with Chris Martin on the IL and Rodriguez pitching in back-to-back games, Smith is even more solidified at the last inning option Friday (and beyond).
- Dylan Floro struck out two in his perfect inning of work, collecting his ninth save of the season in the process. It was a nice bounce-back after taking the loss on Sunday. Anthony Bender recorded the first two outs of the 8th inning, while Richard Bleier was the lucky recipient of the win after getting the final out of the 8th, before Miami’s go-ahead run in the bottom of the inning. For what few saves the Marlins may provide the rest of the way, Floro continues to be the man to roster out of that bullpen.
- Alex Reyes provided a glimmer of hope for those brave enough to have put him in their active lineups Thursday, pitching two scoreless innings in the middle of the Cardinals’ win over the Dodgers and walking away with his sixth win of the season. Giovanny Gallegos recorded his second save in as many days and has only combined for 20 pitches between his two recent appearances, so don’t rule his availability out for Friday.
- Andrew Chafin recorded his third save of the year, pitching around one hit in his scoreless inning of work to secure the Athletics’ victory over the White Sox on Thursday. Chafin was called upon in this one despite throwing 22 pitches the day prior and Sergio Romo and Jake Diekman being fully rested. Romo did record his 12th hold of the year after pitching a scoreless eighth inning of his own. It would appear Chafin is the most trusted arm here at the moment, but after back-to-back appearances, he may not get the call on Friday.
- Emmanuel Clase picked up his 22nd save of the season as he continues to cruise through the remainder of the season as the unquestioned closer in Cleveland. Clase failed to record a strikeout in this appearance, but threw just 11 pitches and should be expected to get the ball on Friday if the opportunity presents itself.