Welcome back to Relievers to Stream for Wins and Saves! This will bring you up-to-date bullpen depth charts every morning for the day’s games and makes for a great tool for those of you looking to stream saves or wins. This series runs seven days a week, so be sure to check in every morning to get your daily bullpen fix!
- Only ten teams play on Monday (CIN, CLE, MIL, CHC, CHW, MIN, NYY, KCR, MIA, SDP) so with that day off we could see extended usage from the other twenty teams high leverage relievers.
Transaction and Injury Notes
- New York Mets activated Edwin Díaz from the paternity list.
- Los Angeles Dodgers placed Victor González on the 10-day injured list.
- Los Angeles Angels placed Steve Cishek on the bereavement list.
- Chicago White Sox optioned Matt Foster to Charlotte Knights.
- Craig Kimbrel had not allowed more than one earned run in an outing all season going into yesterday’s game, and hadn’t allowed a run in his last 22.2 innings dating back to May 15th. Facing his former team, he proceeded to allow four hits, one of which being a three-run HR off the bat of Austin Romine. A weird outing for sure, but likely nothing more than that.
- Ian Kennedy picked up his first save as a member of the Phillies yesterday, although he allowed a run in the process. In four appearances with his new team, Kennedy’s ERA sits at 13.50 while allowing three home runs. His job security isn’t in question just yet, but if he starts blowing saves it will be.
- Mariners “closer” Diego Castillo blew his fourth save of the season yesterday at Yankee Stadium as he walked two batters and hit a third in the eighth inning of last night’s game. It wasn’t quite as bad as Alex Reyes’s outing Thursday night, but it came pretty close as Castillo had a tough time finding the strike zone. Drew Steckenrider worked the ninth, and I wonder if that was the plan going in or if Castillo was going to work two innings if the eighth had gone smoothly.
- James Karinchak worked a scoreless eighth while Emmanuel Clase got the final two outs of the ninth to bail out Blake Parker, picking up his 15th save of the season in the process. This should continue to strengthen Clase’s grip on the closer role
- Alex Reyes bounced back from Thursday’s disaster last night, picking up his 25th save of the season in a clean outing against the Royals. It’s certainly a sigh of relief as he threw eight of his nine pitches for strikes
- Raisel Iglesias worked the 10th inning of yesterday’s game against the Dodgers, allowing two hits and a run but ultimately securing his 24th save of the season. After a slow start to the year, Iglesias has been one of the best relievers since May 1st with a 2.36 ERA, .83 WHIP with a 63/8 K/BB ratio.
Bullpen Depth Charts