Welcome back to Relievers to Stream for Wins and Saves! This will bring you up-to-date bullpen depth charts every morning for the day’s games and makes for an excellent tool for those of you looking to stream saves or wins. This series runs seven days a week, so be sure to check in every morning to get your daily bullpen fix!
- Ten teams have a scheduled day off on Monday, proving built-in rest of their bullpen and giving them more ability to use their high leverage arms in more situations as they arise over the weekend: ARI, STL, MIL, WAS, PHI, TEX, SEA, DET, TOR, BOS.
Transaction and Injury Notes
- Atlanta Braves released RHP Shane Greene.
- Chicago Cubs sent LHP Kyle Ryan to Iowa (Triple-A East) outright.
- Toronto Blue Jays sent RHP A.J. Cole to Florida Complex League (FCL) on a rehab assignment.
- New York Mets placed RHP Drew Smith on the 10-day IL.
- Anthony Bender picked up his third save by striking out a pair to claim victory over the Chicago Cubs. After throwing 21 pitches on Friday and 19 last night, the Marlins might elect to rest Bender. The likely candidate to close out Sunday will be Dylan Floro.
- After Detroit scored two in the eighth inning, Gregory Soto struck out both Bradley Zimmer and Franmil Reyes on 99-mph sinkers to notch his 15th save on the season. The left-handed Soto continues to be Detroit’s answer for any, and all save opportunities going forward.
- Liam Hendriks was called upon in extra innings but failed to complete his mission, as Joey Gallo blasted his second HR of the game. Shortly after that, Albert Abreu collected the first save of his career after Zack Britton managed only one out. Both Britton and Hendricks will be fresh to try and erase last night’s shortcomings.
- Daniel Bard allowed a single to Brandon Crawford before getting Wilmer Flores to chase a slider outside the zone. The outing was the first for Bard since August 7th, and he will be more than ready to perform when called upon again.
- Corey Knebel forced Brandon Nimmo to ground out on a knuckle-curve down the heart of the plate. This marked the third save of Knebel’s injury-riddled season. He remains just a bullpen option as everyday closer Kenley Jansen got the night off after back-to-back appearances.
Bullpen Depth Charts