We’ve seen incredible pitches over the second half of the season, and you’ve been voting all year for your favorite pitches. Now that the dust has settled, this week we will be hosting a tournament to crown the Nastiest Pitching GIF of the First Half. Sixteen pitches will enter, who will win?
Here are the rules:
– Every winner was granted an automatic bid, with the extra slots being hand selected among other finalists.
– There were two instances of the same type of pitch from the same pitcher winning twice (Blake Treinen’s Fastball and Corey Kluber’s Slider). In fact, Treinen won three times, while Kluber won a stagering four times with his Slider and Fastball. We picked our favorite Kluber Slider and paired it with his winning Fastball, while selecting the two Treinen Fastballs that we received the most votes.
– Votes will last until 8:00am EST the following morning, with the next round starting at 10:00am every morning and final round beginning on Friday morning. The winner will be revealed Monday morning next week.
Take a look at the contest’s beautifully hand-drawn bracket:
Click the link below to start voting!
Latest posts by Nick Pollack (see all)
- On The Corner Podcast Episode 57 – Max Posner’s Mock Draft Recap - December 14, 2017
- On The Corner Podcast Episode 56 – Felixir Of Life - December 7, 2017
- Pitcher List’s 2018 Mock Draft Recap: Nick Pollack’s Picks - December 6, 2017