We’ve seen incredible pitches over the second half of the season, and you’ve been voting all year for your favorite pitches. Now that the dust has settled, this week we will be hosting a tournament to crown the Nastiest Pitching GIF of the First Half. We just completed Round 1 yesterday and here are the results:
– Aroldis Chapman’s Slider (58.3%) defeated Adam Ottavino’s Slider (41.7%) – Review
– Blake Treinen’s Fastball 2 (63.3%) defeated Blake Treinen’s Fastball 1 (36.7%) – Review
As we enter Round 2, here’s a quick reminder of the rules:
– Every winner was granted an automatic bid, with the extra slots being hand selected among other finalists.
– Votes will last until 8:00am EST the following morning, with the next round starting at 10:00am every morning and final round beginning on Friday morning. The winner will be revealed Monday morning next week.
Take a look at the updated version of this contest’s beautifully hand-drawn bracket:
Click the link below to start voting!
Latest posts by Nick Pollack (see all)
- Honorary GIF Breakdown: My analysis of Yordano Ventura from May 2015 - January 22, 2018
- On The Corner Podcast Episode 62 – Steve Honovich’s Mock Draft Recap - January 21, 2018
- Pitcher List on Rotographs: Trevor Bauer’s Third Pitch - January 13, 2018