Before you dive into this list, it’s important to understand that I hate giant overall lists. What are you talking about Nick? They are a critical component to every draft! No, they aren’t. Ranking each position and having a proper draft plan is much more important. So important that I will be releasing my 2017 Draft Outing to the public on Friday (you can already read it if you have supported us on Patreon!), which helps much better than following a “one-size-fits-all” overall list, but I understand that people an overall ranking and here it is.
The biggest gripe I have with these lists is that it can easily sway owners into picking a person ranking a few spots higher despite going against the proper draft mold. For example, if you need a closer, you should be going Cody Allen even if Wilson Contreras fell a round or two. If you’re going to use this, make sure it’s just for reference purposes and not your sole buddy during the draft.
These are slightly different than the ones we have posted on the site thus far. There are two reason why:
- Injuries have changed the landscape since our initial rankings
- These rankings are my personal overall list, which differ slightly from Andrew Todd-Smith and Ben Palmer’s rankings.
Alright enjoy this wonderful widget provided by Fantasy Pros, which will illuminate who we love/hate compared to the consensus:
Latest posts by Nick Pollack (see all)
- Nick Pollack’s 10 Bold Predictions For 2017 - March 22, 2017
- On The Corner Podcast Episode 24 – Preseason Top 30 Closers - March 21, 2017
- On The Corner Podcast Episode 23 – Preseason Top 100 Starters - March 16, 2017